General Information for Students
General Rules and Guidelines for Students
Progress, fame and orderly conduct of any educational institution depends on strict obedience to discipline, rules and traditions of the institution by students. For the help of the students, the following general rules and appropriate guidelines are as under:
- Maintaining discipline in the college is the first duty of the students.
- Respecting teachers, other employees and colleagues is good. The students should behave properly inside and outside the college so that they may brighten up names of their parents and the institution.
- Students must park their cycles, scooters, motorcycles, etc., under lock at the designated place. Parking vehicles at any other place is prohibited.
- College property is the property of the students. They should not harm it in any way. Scribbling on the walls or pasting posters is prohibited.
- During teaching, no kind of disturbance should be caused either from inside, or from outside the class room.
- For better health and overall development of the students, they should make full use of library and reading room, and sports ground available in the college.
- Students must take internal assessment activities seriously. There is no provision of re-examination if a student fails to take any internal assessment activity.
- It is necessary to follow the orders of the principal for maintaining discipline and order in the college
General Information for students
- Uniform For the college students
In the college premises the uniform is compulsory for the college students. There is relaxation of uniform on every Thursday. The Uniform for the students is as follows –
I) For Boys: DarkSky Blue coloured full pant and sky blue coloured full shirt.
ii) For Girls: Dark sky blue coloured top (Kurta) and Sky Blue coloured salvar and odhani.
- In order to qualify for University Examination, students must attend at least 75% lectures (including practical) delivered in each subject.
- Students who fall short of the required attendance also do not qualify for any concession; such students will have to pay full fees.
- Students whose attendance is less than 75% will not be allowed for university examination.
- Identity card
After admission the college will provide each student with an Identity Card. Students must keep their Identity Cards with them during college hours and they should produce the cards whenever asked for by the authority. No student shall be allowed to enter the college premises without the Identity Card once they have been issued. To get a duplicate Identity Card students are to pay a fine of Rs. 30 (Thirty).
- Notice Boards
Students are instructed to follow the College Notice Board regularly for information concerning class routine, holidays, examinations, results, payment of fees etc. and for all other circular issued by the college/the university from time to time. For any queries or further clarifications of any information students are advised to contact the office.
- Career guidance cell
The College has cell for guiding the student to choose their career, course of higher studies and for their personality development.
- Teacher Counselling Scheme
On joining the college each student is placed under the personal supervision and guidance of a teacher and keeps record of the student’s progress and the activities.
- College Magazine
College magazine RUGVED is run by editorial board consisting of members of staff and students who have a flair for writing. This gives an opportunity for self expression to the students in Marathi, Hindi and English languages.
- Cultural activities and Youth Festival
The college provides opportunities to talented students to participate in various cultural activities throughout the year and to participate in University Youth Festival.
- Feedback mechanism
A significant involvement and cooperation of parents and students through a feedback mechanism is utmost necessary for the continuous improvement of college.
- Suggestion Box
A suggestion box is available near the office of the Principal. The students can avail this facility for giving positive suggestions and to solve their problems.
- Games & Sports
The college encourages students to participate in various games and sports. We have facilities for Kabaddi, Kho-Kho, Volleyball, Cricket , Badminton etc.
- Physical Efficiency Test
All students are compulsorily required to attend the physical training classes. 75% attendance is necessary for First Year and Second Year students to appear for the annual RE test to be held in the month of January. Physical education department will notify the program, failure to appear shall be treated as indisciplinary action as per the university rules.
- Sports day celebration
This day celebration will be held in the month of December. The dates and schedule will be notified in due course of time.
The college has fast growing library. The students are advised to borrow books in accordance with rules as are made for the library purpose. Book Bank Scheme
Under this scheme, EBC topper students can get a set of books issued for the whole year. Students are advised to contact the Librarian for details of the scheme.
- Medical Examination
All students of the college are required to present themselves for a medical examination in front of a Medical Officer appointed by the college. Those who fail to appear for the medical examination are liable for fine or any other disciplinary action.
- Students Insurance
Insurance Scheme against accidents is run in the college as per university rule. The insurance is for one year and is renewed every year. All students are compulsorily required to be registered under this scheme and to pay the premium.
- National Service Scheme
The college has been allotted 200 seats under the National Service Scheme by Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University. Student from all classes of B. Sc. and B. A. can apply for admission in NSS. They are required to work 120 hours per year including a 07 days camp. The main object of the camp is to motivate students to work with village peoples and develop their personality through social work and upliftment of the society. NSS endeavours to inculcate among the student self discipline and a sense of service to humanity. The incentive marks will be given for participation in NSS activities as per Ordinance No.1 of 1985 of Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University (Ref.8.21).
- Student grievance redressal cell
A students grievance redressal cell takes care of general grievances of students.
Separate Grievance redressal committee for girls and Women working in the college is also established in the college. Prof. Dr. Ku. Y.S. Patil is Chair person of this committee.
- College Welcome Function
For all new students of the college, the welcome function is arranged in the month of July. All students are required to attend it compulsorily. New Students are welcome by B.Sc II, B.Sc III and B.A. II, B.A.III students in the function and new comers of the college are addressed by the Principal, Teachers, Non-teaching staff and some senior students.
- College Annual Social Meet
College annual social meet will be held in the month of January. The dates and schedule will be notified in due course of time.
- Celebration of Special days
Looking towards the importance of various days like Teacher’s day, Republic day Independence day, other days as NSS calendar of University , birth day and death anniversaries of some renowned persons and Late Hon’ble Dnyaneshwar Maskuji Burungale are celebrated in the college.
- Farewell ceremony
The college has tradition of giving Farewell to B.Sc. and B.A. final students in the month of February.
- Excursions & Tours
No excursions or tours should be arranged by the students without prior permission of the Principal. However the excursion/tour are arranged through excursion committee either on a week end (Saturday and Sunday) or during vacation only. In no case the excursion/tour will be allowed from the month of January onwards.
- Bus Pass
Students studying in college can avail Bus Pass for their travel between place of residence and college. The College provides only the necessary certificate that requires to avail Bus Pass and the pass is issued by MSRTC.